Thursday, July 3, 2014

20 Weeks

I cannot believe how time has flown - 20 weeks already! For twins that's usually more than halfway!

Things around here have been pretty clam. Chris is still recovering from surgery so we have been lounging around and watching movies. I still workout everyday which has helped me feel more...I guess you could say "normal." Biking has gotten much harder now because my knees always hit my ever growing belly!

I also just heard back from my doctor yesterday morning that the results from my 3-hour glucose test all came back normal. Thank goodness!

One thing that has hit me hard recently was an awful nightmare I had. Chris had to wake me up because I was crying in my sleep. I don't want to go into details, but it was a horribly graphic dream of losing my babies. It upsets me every time I think of it. I have such a longing for my twins and want nothing more than a healthy pregnancy and delivery for them. It feels like a heartache for missing someone you've never met.

On a much happier note, I can't even keep track of all things I have to be thankful for with everything from a smooth IVF to a wonderful twin pregnancy. I'm constantly asked about how I've been feeling and I'm so happy I can say "Good!" almost every time. I want to say I'm so lucky, but really I am so blessed.

Here's the 20 Weeks update!



How far along? 20 Weeks, 2 days
Babies are the size of: Bananas from head to heel.
Total weight gain: 5-6lbs...I've been worried about that, but the babies are still a week ahead in weight and measurements.  
Maternity clothes? Still trying to wear my normal clothes. Plus the less I spend on maternity clothes, the more I can spend on my babies right?
Stretch marks? Zero.  
Sleep: Not too bad, but it is starting to get hard finding a comfy position. 
Exercise: Yes! 
Miss Anything: Nope.  
Movement: Lots and lots! I absolutely love it!  
Food cravings: The other day I wanted to eat hot fudge straight from the jar. I didn't. 
Anything making you queasy or sick: My prenatal pills. They. Smell. Awful.
Labor Signs: No. 
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy. 
Looking forward to: 4th of July food! Yum! 

By the way, someone unexpectedly touched my belly yesterday. Not sure how I feel about that...

4 comments:

  1. Heh, now that your belly is getting more prominent, there will be some people who will rub your belly without asking you! I'm so sorry to hear about your nightmare. In a few months, the exact opposite will happen and you will have a new son AND daughter to welcome into the world! ♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. "It feels like a heartache for missing someone you've never met."
    That's how I feel everyday about my miscarriage. :(

    I'm glad you're doing so well! I can't wait to meet my niece and nephew! Sorry about the nightmare :( I remember I had crazy dreams and stuff when I was pregnant with Ethan, but thankfully I don't remember any nightmares. My Chris says I did wake him up crying once though. *hugs* It'll all be ok.

    I think it would be hilarious if you just touched the other person's belly back and didn't move your hand until they realized how awkward it is, LOL

    See you tomorrow! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! I found you a few weeks back on Instagram. We just completed our second round of IVF (the first have us our son). I'm hoping to share similar baby news soon! In the meantime, I'll live vicariously through you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats! That's so exciting, I hope all goes well!!!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by!

Copyright © Little Ivie Lane 2017. All rights reserved. Powered by Blogger.


You may not take any images or content from this site without written permission.