Friday, February 21, 2014

A Day in the Life of an IVF Patient

7 am, the usual morning line up...

Chug down the pills and swollow then start to clean!

Can you tell we've been listening to Disney songs a lot? :)

I thought I would share my oh so fun daily routine of being an IVF patient.

Here is my daily line up of pills/vitamins/injections that start at 7am, how fitting!






7:00am - Synthroid for hypothyroidism.

8:30am - Dr. Appointment: Estradiol blood draw and ultrasound to check follicle sizes

10:00am - Co-Q 10 vitamins and Vitamin D. My doctor wants me on Co-Q 10 for egg quality and Vitamin D since most women have a deficiency.

10:45am - Metformin. Makes me feel nauseous. Hate it!

5:00pm - Call from Dr. with adjusted doses for my injections based on my estradiol levels and to set an appointment for the next day. 

6:00pm - Round two of Co-Q 10, Prenatal vitamin, and extra Folic Acid

9:15pm - 1 injection of FSH (follicle stimulating hormone), 1 injection of Low-dose hCG (human chorionic gonadotropin), and 1 injection of Cetrotide to prevent early ovulation

9:30 - Round two of Metformin. Ugh. It's the Devil's pill.

 Repeat the next day!




When I was doing my IUIs I was so stressed about just 1 shot every couple days. Now I'm taking all sorts of pills and doing 3 injections a day and I'm not stressed at all! If this is what I have to do, I do it! It takes hard work to achieve your dreams.

On another note, I sat down at work this morning and was surprised because I can tell my ovaries are stretching. They are growing WAY more follicles than normal so it feels like I've got two tennis balls inside me. We will see how big my little follies are at my appointment later today! Everyday is a day closer to retrieval and I am so excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

Copyright © Little Ivie Lane 2017. All rights reserved. Powered by Blogger.


You may not take any images or content from this site without written permission.