Thursday, September 11, 2014

30 Weeks

So remember how I've been so excited for pumpkin season? Well I tried a pumpkin recipe last night that looked really good and it was awful! I still feel sick and have no appetite because of it. Now when I see a pumpkin recipe on Pinterest it makes my stomach churn. I'm so sad :(

I saw my doctor on Monday and had the honor of taking a third glucose test. I don't know how people can enjoy the glucose drink...no thank you! Since gestational diabetes occurs more in pregnancies with multiples, they have to check you more often. And often times you fail the one hour like I did last time. I'm just praying that by some miracle I passed! A fellow blogger friend and expecting twin mama (check out her fun site, The Word Of A Nerd) told me her doctor said she could eat 28 jellybeans or 3 pancakes with syrup instead of drinking the glucose drink. How cool is that? If you're going to consume all of those sugary calories might as well enjoy it right? 

(Update: I got the call from my doctor...I FAILED again! I have to do the 3-hour next week. Boooooo.)




The twins are great. Baby boy had the hiccups when we checked his heartbeat so that was cute. They are definitely starting to take over. Pain in the ribs and back, as well as lots of pelvic pressure is the norm these days. I hope I'm not offending anyone by saying this, but it literally feels like someone karate-chopped my vagina. 

Yep. 

My doctor said I'm about 20% effaced. Trying to explain how the cervix works to Chris was entertaining. He's still confused. Female anatomy frightens him. 

And finally after 16 days of being sick with a cold/flu thing I am better! My babies might not recognize me by my voice but they definitely will by my cough. Pregnancy tip: Don't get sick! It takes forever to recover.

Lastly, I had a "virtual" baby shower with some wonderful friends in Washington last week. My mom was with them in person and I was on FaceTime. I really wished I could have been there. I miss everyone so much! I was stunned by everyone's kindness and generosity. I'm hoping at some point I can take a trip to Washington with the twins so everyone there can meet them!

30 Weeks



How far along? 30 Weeks 2 Days 
Babies are the size of: Cantaloupes.    
Total weight gain: 11lbs.  
Maternity clothes?  Most of the time. I've got the comfiest maternity yoga pants :) 
Stretch marks? Still zero...let's keep it that way! 
Sleep: Ugh.  
Exercise: Yes, still aiming for 5 days a week.  
Miss Anything: An unsquished bladder. 
Movement: Oh yes, we've starting playing games.  
Food cravings: None. I'm so weird.  
Anything making you queasy or sick: See note about pumpkin above. 
Labor Signs: Braxton hicks and 20% effaced.  
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy-tired.    
Looking forward to: The change in seasons. Fall is my favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

Copyright © Little Ivie Lane 2017. All rights reserved. Powered by Blogger.


You may not take any images or content from this site without written permission.