Wednesday, December 18, 2013

When will it be our turn?

It happened again. Actually it happens all the time.
I want to delete my facebook so I will stop seeing pregnancy announcements. Especially for those that are younger than me or haven't even been married as long or are not even married at all. 
It breaks my heart.
When will it be our turn? It just makes me feel more and more broken. Not comparing myself to others has always been a challenge for me. I hate that I do it and try to refrain from it as much as possible. It's hard not to compare myself to the couple that got pregnant after a few months of marriage. It's hard not to compare myself to the girl that wasn't even trying. It's hard not to compare myself to the girl that's not even married. When will it be our turn to share happy news? Why were they chosen over us? 

*insert attitude adjustment here*

I am so thankful for our doctors and everyone helping us to reach our dreams.
I am so thankful for modern medicine to help my body function properly.
I am so thankful for my loving family even though they have no idea of this struggle we're going through.
I am so thankful for my wonderful friend Ashley who I can confide in.
I am so thankful for my sweet and supportive husband that dries my tears and keeps me going.
I am so thankful for my loving Heavenly Father and Savior who know me and my desires.

2 comments:

  1. I found your blog through the "With Great Expectation" blog (you commented a while back). I started at the beginning of your story and am reading through. I think we are on the exact same path, except I'm a little behind you. I haven't even been diagnosed yet, but I have had a test that suggests I have a hormone issue. I have an endocrinologist appointment in a month. This post really hits hard because it is exactly how I feel, and it seems like every week there's another one.

    I haven't told my family. None of my friends understand. Thank you for going through this so I can feel like I'm not alone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meagan,

      Thank you so much for your comment! I really appreciate it since I don't have many readers because this stuggle hasn't been public knowledge so no one is aware of my blog. I hope it can help you through this. I have learned that hormones play such a HUGE part in infertility. Just one imbalance can throw everything off. That's what my problem is and thankfully there's meds and injections to help produce or replace those hormones. I really hope that your endocrinologist can help you! Inferility can be the hardest thing for somone to battle. I completely understand that you haven't told your family. If you ever just need to vent please just contact me! I have vented so many times and it's such a release. You are not alone! Seriously though, if you have questions or just need to talk about it you can email me at ittybittyivie@gmail.com.

      Sending prayers your way!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by!

Copyright © Little Ivie Lane 2017. All rights reserved. Powered by Blogger.


You may not take any images or content from this site without written permission.