But Mother's Day isn't all about celebrating yourself and all the work you have to do as a mom. It's about celebrating the wonderful women in your life. I looked up definitions of mother and I really like this one I found: "one who looks after kindly and protectively." I've been fortunate to have many wonderful women in my life that look after me.
- She is one of the many women that have touched my life for good. Taught me, supported me, fought for me.
- She is my life-long family friend that would drop everything just to help me with my high school math homework.
- She is my best friend's mom that fed me, helped me, and treated me as her own.
- She is my childhood Sunday school teacher that still cares for me and follows my life.
- She is my friend. Whether an experienced mom, first time mom, soon to be mom, or someday mom.
- She is my grandma. The only one I got to meet and is now watching me from above.
- She is my sister. The best aunt in the world because she treats her nephews and nieces just as lovingly as her own.
- She is my birth mother, the best of them all because she sacrificed and continues to sacrifice everything for me and my family. She exceeds her calling as a mother by being the best grandma I could ever ask for to my children. It's no coincidence her name is Grace.
I love you mom!