Thursday, October 17, 2013

Our Infertility Journey

I always knew deep down that I would have a hard time getting pregnant.

 I was hoping it wouldn't be a reality, but it is. My body has always been a little wacky when it comes to "lady" things. I didn't start my period until I was nearly 17. I was fairly regular for the first few months and then it went downhill from there. After I started college, I experienced the freshman 15...in weight loss, not weight gain. For already being very slender, that certainly didn't help. I was only getting two periods year. After I got married I knew I needed to get this under control. I was eating healthier, taking vitamins, exercising, trying to gain body fat, but my efforts had no luck and my period was distant as ever. 


I've neven really been on birth control. My husband and I weren't trying, but we weren't preventing either. I was ready, but my husband wasn't totally warmed up to the idea of a little one yet. But soon enough we were doing everything we could. After much discouragement and feeling broken, we made an appointment with a fertility doctor. Meeting with our doctor was like a breath of fresh air and a force of hope! I'm starting this blog as a way to document and share our story. Someday we will have an Itty Bitty Ivie come into the world. Welcome to our journey! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

Copyright © Little Ivie Lane 2017. All rights reserved. Powered by Blogger.


You may not take any images or content from this site without written permission.