September 19th, 2013
Today was a wonderful day! We got up at the crack of dawn to get to our 7am appointment to meet our fertility specialist. Our doctor went over an extensive medical history for both of us and our families. He didn't have much concern for Chris, so he recommended some things for me. First off, he wants me to increase my BMI since I'm considered underweight and that is not healthy for pregnancy. He also prescribed me some fancy $85 prenatals (thank goodness for insurance!). Then he told us we could approach this three different ways, which are in short:
1. Gain weight, see if my period comes back, try naturally.
2. Do some blood tests and pop some pills, try naturally.
3. The whole show, tests, pills, HSG, IUI, IVF, etc.
We chose in between 2 and 3.
Our plan is as follows:
1. Induce period with Progesterone pills
2. Schedule for OAR and follicle ultrasound on day 3 of cycle
3. Take Femara days 3-7 of cycle
4. Get an HSG during days 5-10 of cycle
5. Take ovulation tests until we get a positive and come in for an IUI (intrauterine insemination)
If I don't ovulate I will do a progesterone blood draw and try all over again the next month. Try, try, try. Sometimes that word is very vexing.
I was prescribed a ton of stuff, which was a little overwhelming at first. However, it all seems simple now. After meeting with our fertility doctor, I got my blood drawn for TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone), CBC (complete blood count), and Prolactin. Fun little side story I will share about my blood getting drawn in my upcoming vlog!