Sunday, May 10, 2015

Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day! I am so happy to be celebrating my first "real" Mother's Day as a mom to my twins. One year ago today, I announced that I was pregnant with them and now I get to cuddle them and reflect on everything I had to do to get Boston and Lyla here in my arms. 

But Mother's Day isn't all about celebrating yourself and all the work you have to do as a mom. It's about celebrating the wonderful women in your life. I looked up definitions of mother and I really like this one I found: "one who looks after kindly and protectively." I've been fortunate to have many wonderful women in my life that look after me.
 
  • She is one of the many women that have touched my life for good. Taught me, supported me, fought for me.
  • She is my life-long family friend that would drop everything just to help me with my high school math homework.
  • She is my best friend's mom that fed me, helped me, and treated me as her own.
  • She is my childhood Sunday school teacher that still cares for me and follows my life.
  • She is my friend. Whether an experienced mom, first time mom, soon to be mom, or someday mom.
  • She is my grandma. The only one I got to meet and is now watching me from above. 
  • She is my sister. The best aunt in the world because she treats her nephews and nieces just as lovingly as her own.
  •  She is my birth mother, the best of them all because she sacrificed and continues to sacrifice everything for me and my family. She exceeds her calling as a mother by being the best grandma I could ever ask for to my children. It's no coincidence her name is Grace. 
Happy Mother's Day to all the wonderful women in my life. You don't have to bare a child to be a mom. If you have cared for another with unconditional love, celebrate this special day because you have a mother's heart. 

I love you mom!



1 comment:

  1. This brought tears to my eyes! I love you Rachel!
    And these words are SO true!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Copyright © Little Ivie Lane 2017. All rights reserved. Powered by Blogger.


You may not take any images or content from this site without written permission.